- Shiny cities, fields can help cool the globe. The Australian, The Daily Telegraph, Northern Territory News, Adelaide Now, Brisbane Courier Mail, Geelong Advertiser, Herald Sun, Gold Coast Bulletin, The Mercury, Townsville Bulletin, Cairns Post, Weekly Times Now, Toowoomba Chronicle. February 1. (Prof Andy Pitman).
- Making buildings brighter could help cut extreme heat, say Australian researchers. Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, . February 1. (Prof Andy Pitman).
- Don't shoot the climate change messenger. Sydney Morning Herald, Phys.org. January 24. (ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate Extremes).
- Hot Topic. Twin City Business Telegraph. January 24. (Prof Andy Pitman)
- How climate change is driving extreme heatwaves. Cosmos. January 19. (Prof Andy Pitman).
- How Australia's extreme heat might be here to stay. BBC. January 13. (Prof Andy Pitman).
- Editorial: Another record coming that we don't want to break. The Age / Sydney Morning Herald, WA Today, Brisbane Times. January 11. (Prof Andy Pitman).
- Mercury rising: Australia faces an even hotter future. 7:30 ABC TV1. January 11. (Prof Andy Pitman).
- Deadly heat: How to survive the world's temperature extremes. New Scientist. January 11. (Prof Steve Sherwood).
- BoM 2017 Annual Climate Statement (audio unavailable). Bega Breakfast, ABC South East. January 10. (Prof Andy Pitman).
- 'Quite surprising': Near-record hot 2017, heat burst pointing to warmer world. Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, Canberra Times, Brisbane Times, Redland City Bulletin, Illawarra Mercury, North Queensland Register, Queensland Country Life, Stock & Land, WA Today. January 8. (Prof Andy Pitman).